Well ladies, I don’t have a man yet again this Valentine’s Day but surprisingly I am not sad this year. Yeah, I know the saying “I am going to love on myself for Valentine’s Day” is lame but honestly that’s my goal. I spent so many Valentine’s sad and depressed because I didn’t have anyone to love on that I ignored the fact I actually did (besides Keeghan of course) which was myself, but this year and forever more (with a man or without a man) I will show myself all the love I possibly can on the day that we celebrate the beauty of love. I am celebrating the love I have for myself and feast on the reasons why if loving myself is wrong then being right is pointless.
The reasons why I should always love on myself EVERYDAY:
- No will ever love me the way that I can, should, and will love me.
- Outwardly showing myself love will in return teach others how to love me as well.
I have learned to show myself love in the smallest ways which in return helps me to center myself and have peace in both my mind and heart.
- I am gentle with myself… I stopped beating myself up about not being where society says I should be at this point in my life.
- I give myself time… I allow myself time to grow to where I want to be… I have stopped rushing myself.
- I acknowledge my feelings and emotions and I allow myself to feel every piece of them. I have this one friend that says “I aint no weak bitch, aint nobody gonna have me in my feelings” and I wish she understood that that is a weak person’s mindset… we have to be honest with ourselves… every human has feelings and every human have emotions… (even animals have feelings and emotions)… ALLOW YOURSELF TO EXPERIENCE YOUR EMOTIONS so that you can learn to control your emotions before your emotions control you (been there, done that, not going back)
- I celebrate all of my accomplishments… BIG or SMALL… I love the feeling I get when I am the loudest person in the room clapping for myself because I have learned that I deserve “allat” PLUS more.
- I practice self-care daily…. from oiling my skin to indulging in my favorite guilty pleasures to learning something new daily… I do all I can to take care of myself mentally, spiritually, and physically.
- I focus on God’s purpose for me… God’s purpose doesn’t feel like work and it does always feel good but focusing on my purpose keeps me in his will and that’s exactly where I want to be.
- I pray and feed my spiritual self daily… I usually watch a sermon or listen to a spiritual conversation via YouTube or Apple Podcast… I pray while I am in the shower morning and night… I try my best to stay in constant communication with God throughout my day.
- I surround myself with people who are supportive and authentic… who genuinely love me and who aren’t afraid to be vulnerable and transparent with me… IF THE SHIP AIN’T REAL IT MUST SINK!!!!!!!!!!
- I have BOUNDARIES… YES, SETTING BOUNDARIES IS ONE OF THE BEST NEW WAYS I HAVE LEARNED TO LOVE MYSELF… I don’t answer questions that I don’t want to answer, I don’t answer my phone if I don’t feel like it, I don’t accept company to my house if I don’t want it, and I don’t go places I don’t want to go… I make all of my own decisions now… and I don’t take unwarranted advice from anyone and the best boundary of all is I LEARNED TO SAY NO A LOT NOW AND MEAN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST… I allow folks to leave my life without asking them why or without looking for closure.
The reasons you should show yourself love EVERYDAY with or without a man:
- You are worth it
- You deserve it
- You need it
- You want it
- And because that’s your business (Tabitha Brown voice)
Every morning God allows you to open your eyes look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself how much you love you… because if no one else tells you they love you that day at least you did.
I love you!
The Chic Educator 🍎